Island Express Privacy Notice
Who we are
We at Island Express respect your concerns about privacy. This Privacy Notice describes the types of personal information we collect about consumers, how we use that information and with whom we may share it. The notice also describes the measures we take to safeguard the personal information.
The pages on this website (“the Website”) are published by Island Express Limited (“IEL”), a company registered in the Isle of Man with company registration number C035154C, whose registered address is at Unit 48e, Spring Valley Industrial Estate, Braddan, Isle of Man, IM2 2QS.
Maintaining the security of your data and your right to privacy is a priority to IEL. We will handle your personal data legally and fairly at all times and we will be transparent about what data we collect about you and how we use it.
This policy provides you with details about:
- what personal data we collect;
- how we use your personal data;
- how we ensure your privacy is maintained
- your legal rights about your personal data.
The personal data collected
IEL may collect the following information about you:
- your name;
- your contact details: postal address including billing and delivery addresses, telephone numbers (including mobile numbers) and e-mail address;
- your correspondence and communications with us;
Our websites are not intended for children and we do not knowingly collect data relating to children via our website.
This list is not exhaustive and, in specific instances, we may need to collect additional data for the purposes set out in this Policy. Some of the above personal data is collected directly, for example when you apply for a training course or send an email to our customer services team. Other personal data is collected indirectly, for example your browsing activity. We may also collect personal data from third parties who have your consent to pass your details to us, or from publicly available sources.
How we use your data
IEL (and trusted partners acting on our behalf) uses your personal data:
- to provide goods and services to you;
- to make a tailored website available to you;
- to manage any registered account(s) that you hold with us;
- to verify your identity;
- for crime and fraud prevention, detection and related purposes;
- with your agreement, to contact you electronically about promotional offers and products and services which we think may interest you;
- for market research purposes – to better understand your needs;
- to enable us to manage customer service interactions with you; and
- where we have a legal right or duty to use or disclose your information (for example in relation to an investigation by a public authority or in a legal dispute).
Sharing data with third parties
Our service providers and suppliers
In order to make certain services available to you, we may need to share your personal data with some of our service partners. These include IT, delivery and marketing service providers, accountants.
IEL only allows its service providers to handle your personal data when we have confirmed that they apply appropriate data protection and security controls. We also impose contractual obligations on service providers relating to data protection and security, which mean they can only use your data to provide services to IEL and to you, and for no other purposes.
In general; we may use information we obtain to:
- Pick up, deliver and track shipments
- Provide products and services you request (such as logistics, supply chain management, customs clearance)
- Process and collect payments
- Provide customer support and respond to and communicate with you about your requests, questions and comments
- Send you tracking updates and help you select convenient delivery options
- Establish and manage your IEL account
- Enable you to post on our blogs and interact through social media
- Send information to your contacts if you ask us to do so
- Process claims we receive in connection with our services
- Operate, evaluate and improve our business (including developing new products and services; managing our communications; determining the effectiveness of our sales, marketing and advertising; analysing and enhancing our products, services, website and apps; ensuring the security of our networks and information systems; performing accounting, auditing, invoicing, reconciliation and collection activities; and improving and maintaining the quality of our customer services
- Perform data analyses (including market and consumer search and analytics, trend analysis and profiling, financial analysis and anonymisation of personal information)
- Protect against, identify and prevent fraud and other prohibited or illegal activity, claims and other liabilities
- Comply with applicable legal requirements and our policies
- Establish, exercise and defend legal claims
- Monitor and report compliance issues
- Surveillance Camera Systems (CCTV)
Other third parties
Aside from our service providers, IEL will not disclose your personal data to any third party, except as set out below. We will never sell or rent our customer data to other organisations for marketing purposes.
To deliver products and services to you, it is sometimes necessary for IEL to share your data outside of the European Economic Area. This will typically occur when service providers are located outside the EEA or if you are based outside the EEA. These transfers are subject to special rules under data protection laws.
If this happens, we will ensure that the transfer will be compliant with data protection law and all personal data will be secure. Our standard practice is to use ‘standard data protection clauses’ which have been approved by the European Commission for such transfers.
How long do we keep your data?
We will not retain your data for longer than necessary for the purposes set out in this Policy. Different retention periods apply for different types of data, however the longest we will normally hold any personal data is 6 years.
How we protect your data
IEL is committed to keeping your personal data safe and secure.
Our security measures include: –
- security controls which protect our entire IT infrastructure from external attack and unauthorised access; and
- internal policies setting out our data security approach and training for employees.
Legal basis for using your data
IEL collects and uses personal data because is it necessary for:
- the pursuit of our legitimate interests;
- the purposes of complying with our duties and exercising our rights under a contract for the sale of goods or services to a customer; or
- complying with our legal obligations.
In general, we only rely on consent as a legal basis for processing in relation to sending direct marketing communications to customers.
Customers have the right to withdraw consent at any time. Where consent is the only legal basis for processing, we will cease to process data after consent is withdrawn.
Cookies are small text files that are placed on your computer by websites that you visit. They are widely used in order to make websites work, or work more efficiently, as well as to provide information to the owners of the site. The table below explains the cookies we use and why.
|_ga||Used to distinguish users.|
|_gid||Used to distinguish users.|
How do I change my cookie settings?
Most web browsers allow some control of most cookies through the browser settings. To find out more about cookies, including how to see what cookies have been set, visit www.aboutcookies.org or www.allaboutcookies.org.
Find out how to manage cookies on popular browsers:
To find information relating to other browsers, visit the browser developer’s website.
To opt out of being tracked by Google Analytics across all websites, visit http://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout.
- Request correction of personal information that we hold about you. This enables you to have any incomplete or inaccurate information we hold about you corrected.
- Request erasure of your personal information. This enables you to ask us to delete or remove personal information where there is no good reason for us continuing to process it. You also have the right to ask us to delete or remove your personal information where you have exercised your right to object to processing (see below).
- Object to processing of your personal information where we are relying on a legitimate interest (or those of a third party) and there is something about your particular situation which makes you want to object to processing on this ground. You also have the right to object where we are processing your personal information for direct marketing purposes.
- Request the restriction of processing of your personal information. This enables you to ask us to suspend the processing of personal information about you, for example if you want us to establish its accuracy or the reason for processing it.
- Request the transfer of your personal information to another party in certain formats, if practicable.
- Request access to your personal data subject to certain exemptions that may apply
- Make a complaint to a supervisory body which in the Isle of Man is the Isle of Man Information Commissioner email@example.com
If you wish to exercise any of these rights please contact us using the contact detail below.
Data Protection Officer – Contact Information
If you have any questions about how IEL uses your personal data that are not answered here, or if you want to exercise your rights regarding your personal data, please contact our Data Protection Officer by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org
If you believe IEL have contravened your rights or failed to respond to a request to exercise your rights under Data Protection Act 2018 you have the right to contact the Isle of Man Information Commissioner, details below:
Isle of Man Information Commissioner
P.O. Box 69
Douglas, Isle of Man
Tel: +44 1624 693260